Thursday, December 13, 2007

Roast Beef


Well, there's a first for everything. I'd like to introduce you to the first roast beef that I didn't overcook! Honestly, roast beef has been the bane of my existence for years now. The worst part about my seemingly lack of ability to make a decent roast is that it is one of my very favorite meals. I don't know why but I always overcook the meat, like seriously overcook and I hate to admit that this has always occurred while using a meat thermometer, don't ask. Anyway, those days are over, tonight's juicy, tender, flavorful roast replaced the countless dry, chewy sawdust of days past.

RECIPE:
2 lbs top sirloin roast
salt and pepper
meat thermometer

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season the roast with salt and pepper and place the thermometer in the thickest part of the roast. Place the roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and place in the oven. Roast the meat to 5-10 degrees lower than desired doneness (the roast will continue to cook an extra 5-10 degrees while it's resting.) Remove the roast from the oven, cover loosely with tin foil and allow the meat to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.

NOTE:
For rare, remove roast at 120 degrees For med-rare, remove roast at 125 degrees
For medium, remove roast at 135 degrees
For medium well, remove the roast at 145 degrees and well done is 160 degrees and higher

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin